Admittedly, it can be difficult to compete against the corner nail salon with the $10 manicure. How can we encourage clients to give up that cheap mani and pay more for our services? The answer- provide exceptional services that pamper the client and you will gain their loyalty.
7 manicure tips that will set you apart from the average nail salon:
Offer ring cleaning along with the hand treatment. Soak the jewelry in the same bowl as the hand soak throughout the manicure. Allow the client to buff dry with a towel when the service is complete.
- Add aromatherapy oils to the hand soak- refresh and revitalize with lavender, citrus or bergamot.
- Use luxuriant cuticle oil and send your client home with a free sample (more on this below) so they can fall in love with it, and return to purchase more!
- Make chit chat informative- Educate your clients as to why you perform certain procedures like buffing the nails to increase circulation, filing only the tips, etc. You can also suggest noteworthy tips like this one- According to Prevention magazine, taking Biotin helps prevent breakage and increases the thickness of the nail. (read more>)
- Use only high quality, no odor products.
- Always use a high quality top coat, not a thin watery (cheap) one. Top coat is the primary defense against chipping.
- Use crystal files with superfine grit for a chip-free nail edge.
Promoting the return manicure
Why should the client come back? If you were in their shoes, what would it take to get you to return? Most of us need incentive, good value and convenience. So, reward your most faithful clients! Use a punch card that gives a free manicure for every 10 purchased, or pre-sell gift cards with the promotion built in. Gift cards are instant revenue for you, and assure repeat customers. Encourage the client to bring a friend with them next time!
When your client brings in a friend, give them an extra punch or a small thank you gift. Cuticle oil, hand lotions and essential oils are the perfect thank you!
Remember, if you give a sample of a product that you carry retail, you will increase your retail sales on the return.
How to make economical (and adorable) give-aways for the manicure client
Your investment is a full sized product that you retail and some cute sample bottles. Decorate with a simple ribbon tie and a business card.
- Make your 1-2 oz samples from the full sized product that you retail.
- Attach your business card instead of a label so the client can keep it on their fridge. Add the product name to the back of the card.
- When the client returns, they have the card as a reminder to buy their own full sized product!
Now, shop for some of our top nail products>>> Or, shop all products on Vogue Beauty >>>