How can you grow long nails that are strong and beautiful? This is a popular question. Many clients ask how they can get their nails to grow, and we have some practical tips for you to pass along when you are asked that question.
- Stop biting! Biting nails can be a bad habit, or a sign of stress and anxiety. Sometimes nothing can be done about the stress, but how a person copes with it can be modified.
Recommend trying a replacement habit instead of nail biting, such as taking a drink of water every time a finger ends up in the mouth. This replacement exercise will encourage a good habit too!
- Control any nail health issues. Nails are somewhat of a mirror to your general health. Curling nails, brittle or ridged nails can be a sign of other health issues.
Nail fungus can be wiped out with regular applications of Thymol. There are also effective home remedies, such as using a menthol vapor cream, soaking in apple cider vinegar and other treatments that have seen results.
- Pay attention to your minerals- Zinc, Calcium and Magnesium, as described in this article. Taking a multi-vitamin and/or Biotin supplements also helps strengthen nails.
- Use a top coat as a strengthening agent while growing out long nails. There will be less chance of a tear, peeling or breakage if there is this extra layer of protection.
- Give loving attention to cuticles. this part of the nail is vital in keeping out fungus and protecting the edges of the nails. Use an intensive moisture treatment like a few drops of olive oil, massaged into the cuticles, once a week Protect hands- When using any kind of cleaning product or if the hands will be in water for an extended period, be sure to wear gloves. When long nails are softened by water or chemicals, they are the most vulnerable to hairline fractures and tears.
Vogue Beauty carries everything you need for manicure and pedicure services.
Shop all Gel and Acrylic Products Shop all mani/pedi products